Originally posted on Photofocus:
Even if the only pictures you ever show are landscapes, or closeups, or flowers, or horses, someone is going to ask you to make a family picture. Here are five inevitable facts about family portraits, and one great tip to beat them all.
- Kids under five always put a hand in the mouth. Always.
- Middle children under eleven always make funny faces.
- Parents are always stressed about the kids making faces and putting hands in mouths.
- The best picture of the kids is the one with dad scowling and pulling hands out of mouths
- Older kids (and dads) hate family pictures because dad was always pulling on their hands and scolding them for having fun.
The one tip I can give you to beat all these issues and help make family pictures is this:
Don’t say Don’t!
If you (or dad) say, “Don’t put your hand in your mouth,”…
View original 478 more words